IICA is the entity responsible for and in charge of personal data processing. Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Policy, the mechanisms through which we make use of personal data are secure and confidential. We declare that we have implemented suitable technical, organizational and technological measures to ensure that personal data is stored in such a way as to prevent unwanted access by third parties, and, in this same vein, we guarantee the confidentiality of the data. IICA also respects the right to the confidentiality of electronic communications.
I. Use of personal information
Your personal data will be included in a database or physical repository and may be used for the following purposes:
- to meet the objectives of our contractual relationships;
- to contact you and respond to any request you may have sent via IICA’s websites;
- to send you informational material about IICA, in keeping with your interests;
- to conduct satisfaction surveys among users;
- to address requests, complaints or claims that you have a right to make as a client of IICA;
- to manage and reply to comments or requests made through our blogs, which are open for your participation;
- to compile general statistics; and
- to make any other lawful, fair, just and transparent use within the scope of IICA’s action.
IICA does not release, rent, allocate, transfer nor provide personal information to third parties without your prior consent, except when (i) it is general public knowledge at the moment it is divulged or it becomes public domain through no illegal action on the part of IICA; (ii) it is in the possession of IICA at the moment it is divulged, without IICA violating any legal obligation; (iii) it becomes known to IICA from sources other than the disclosing party, but with the legal right to divulge such Personal Information; (iv) it must be divulged by IICA in order to comply with applicable government laws or regulations.
II. Security and integrity of the information
The personal information you provide will be stored and protected in keeping with industry and technology standards. In spite of this, the internet is not a space that is 100% secure; therefore, IICA cannot guarantee that transmissions via the Internet will be completely private or secure, and you understand that any message or information sent to IICA can be read or intercepted by third parties, even when the information is encrypted. Therefore, you agree to hold IICA harmless from any liability.
III. Your rights
You have the right, at any time, to access and request a copy of your personal information, as well as to:
- request that your personal information be corrected, updated, revoked or eliminated, or utilized for limited purposes, and to request its portability. All requests must be submitted via the forms available on the website iica.int;
- update your email preferences (to whatever email address you wish to receive the information) by clicking on the hyperlink captioned “Email preferences”, which is located in the lower part of each email message sent by IICA. Once you have clicked on the hyperlink, you will be able to select which emails you prefer to receive from IICA.
IV. General clauses
IICA reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice; such amendments shall be published on its website: www.iica.int.