Continuation of the programme of assisting selected private sector companies to develop and implement HACCP plans. Persons who receive training in Phase 1 will be mentored to deliver these HACCP trainings.
- Understanding the initial tasks involved in developing HACCP plans and the Principles of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points.
- ID potential biological, chemical and physical hazards for a specific product and process.
- Evaluate the significance of the potential hazards to determine those that will be addressed in a HACCP plan.
- Understand the Principles of Critical Limits, Monitoring Critical Control Points, Corrective Actions, Verification and Validation and Record Keeping.
- Identify and define the critical limits for each CCP.
- Identify monitoring procedures for each CCP.
- Develop corrective actions for deviations from critical limits.
- Outline appropriate verification and record keeping activities for each CCP.
- Broad understanding of CODEX and US food safety regulations.
Twenty five (25) participants from Bahamas, Haiti, St Vincent and the Grenadines and Saint Lucia.