5th Annual IICA Day
Women in Agriculture
The Contribution of Women to Agriculture and Food Security in the Americas
November 18, 2010 - 3pm • Washington D.C.
Role of Women in Agriculture Observed at Annual IICA Day function at the OAS - November 18, 2010
Press Releases about IICA Day
Guatemalan and Haitian Women Entrepreneurs in Agriculture Development to Participate in Annual 'IICA Day' Function at the OAS - November 17, 2010
Jamaican Ambassador to the USA to Support the Role of Women in Development at Annual 'IICA Day' Function - November 2, 2010
Results of IICA International Forum: Women in Agriculture: The Contribution of Women to Agriculture and Food Security in the Americas
IICA Day Pictures
IICA Day Background
Earlier this year, the OAS inaugurated the Inter-American Year of Women. In the spirit of cooperation and support, in October 2010, IICA hosted an international forum at its headquarters in Costa Rica entitled, ‘‘Women in Agriculture: Women’s contribution to agriculture and food security in the Americas’ in which the Institute:
1. Recognized the contributions made by women in the Western Hemisphere to food security and rural well being
2. Took steps to develop a cooperation agenda to support the productivity and competitiveness of women involved in the agricultural sector and
3. Held discussions on how best to focus IICA’s work under its Medium Term Plan 2010-2014 to support these efforts.
To further support this initiative, the IICA Office in the United States, with support from the OAS, is hosting a complementary event celebrating women in agriculture in the Americas on November 18, 2010.
1. Celebrate the Year of the woman
2. Collaborate with other organizations and countries in supporting the advancement of women in agriculture
3 .Promote awareness of IICA’s technical cooperation efforts at improving the productivity and competitiveness of women involved in the agricultural sector in the Americas
Organization of American States,
Salon Simon Bolivar,
17th Street & Constitution Ave., N.W.,
RSVP: If you would like to attend this event please RSVP to: email@example.com