IICA/CARDI MEDIA AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN AGRICULTURAL JOURNALISM 2010-2011
IICA/CARDI EXCELLENCE IN AGRICULTURAL JOURNALISM 2010-2011
In the photo: left to right
Ms Suzanne Sheppard, Ms Shaliza Hassanali, Mr Dilip Singh, Mrs Karma Ballah-Boyke, Senator the Hon. Vasant Bharath, Minister of Food Production, Land and Marine Affairs, Professor John Spence, Ms Dixie Ann Dickson, Ms Aabida Allaham, Ms Nadine Hackett, Mr Krishna Maharaj, Mr Paolo Kernahan.
Winners of the IICA/CARDI awards for Excellence in Agricultural Journalism were announced at a recent function which was held at the Centre of Excellence, Macoya. The competition was initiated under the IICA/CARDI project (2008-2009) entitled: "Enhancing Information and Communications for Food security in Trinidad and Tobago". The theme for the inaugural competition is: Achieving food security in Trinidad and Tobago - a national priority.
Receiving awards were:
- Best News Story- Ms Aabida Allaham- Express Newspaper
- Best Business Feature- Ms Dixie-Ann Dickson- Guardian Media Group
- Best Human Interest Story- Ms Shaliza Hassanali- Guardian Media Group
- Best News Story-Ms Nadine Hackett- CNMG
- Best Feature/Documentary-Ms Karma Ballah-Boyke-GIS
- Best News Photograph-Mr Dilip Singh- Guardian Media Group
- Best Feature Photograph-Mr Krishna Maharaj- Express Newspaper
- Web Based and Digital Media- Mr Paolo Kernahan
- Overall Excellence in Agricultural Journalism Winner awarded to the Media House that consistently addresses the issue of agriculture and food security on a continuous basis- Guardian Media Group
- IICA/CARDI Special Award to the a columnist who regularly writes on Agriculture and Food Security Issues- Professor John Spence, a columnist in the Express Newspaper.
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WINNERS